Replacement Services For Cloth Insulated Wiring
Cloth-insulated wiring is dangerous since it will increase the risk that your home will have a fire. Do you have this type of wiring in your home? If you do, you need to take care of this problem as soon as possible. Failing to do so could put yourself and your loved ones at risk. The good news is that it isn’t hard to know what type of wiring you have.
You can contact H&A Long Island Electrician and ask for our assistance. Otherwise, you should open your breaker panel and see if a thin cloth wraps around the wire. If this is the case, you should replace this wire immediately.
Cloth Insulated Wire FAQs
The cloth becomes brittle over a period. After many years, the cloth insulation will fall from the wiring, and the electrical wire will be left exposed. As a result, there will not be any insulation whatsoever. Once the cloth is gone, the risk of touching a wire and getting shocked is high. Also, you should know that these wires may touch one another.
If this happens, there is a risk that you’re going to experience a house fire. Finally, there is a good chance that you’re dealing with an ungrounded system. Wiring systems that have not grounded are dangerous. If it isn’t grounded, the system will not be able to handle excess electrical charges. Instead of being sent into the ground, the electrical charge will destroy your appliances.
The best way to deal with cloth-insulated wiring is by replacing it immediately. By replacing the wiring, you’ll be able to protect your family, appliances, and devices. Unfortunately, replacing cloth wiring is a long, drawn-out process. Still, it’ll be worth it since it’ll give you greater peace of mind.
The best solution to the problem is calling H&A Long Island Electrician and letting us fix the problem
If your home has cloth-insulated wiring, your home’s wiring is not safe. You need to replace the wiring before something goes wrong. With that being said, you should stop what you’re doing and call our office today.